Sunday 28 April 2013

Dear Subway....

Dear Subway,

Perhaps it's my own abject stupidity that I keep coming back to you. You'd think I'd learn my lesson. But I don't. So I don't know why I'm surprised that each time my husband brings me my sub from your store that it's got more lettuce on it than need be. But it's not just that. There is so MUCH lettuce on it, that I could (if I so desired) have a side salad to go along with my sandwich. And I know he says "only a little bit of lettuce" because I've heard him say "only a little bit of lettuce". So somewhere, somehow it gets lost in translation.

Really though, it's a huge waste. I don't eat it. In fact, the moment I get my sandwich I open it up to make sure there's no unwanted items on it. And nine chances out of ten remove at least 2/3 of the lettuce from my sub. Today in fact, I'd say there was probably close to a cup of unwanted lettuce. Maybe that doesn't sound like a lot...but I'm sure it adds up. I just like to be able to taste the (in this case) tuna I'm eating underneath. Know what I mean dear readers?

I'm not normally so fussy, but seriously... come on now. If I wanted a side salad, I would go somewhere else and get one.

Just sayin'.

One Last Glimpse,

~K


No comments:

Post a Comment