Sunday 16 June 2013

Let's play "Catch up!"

I'm not sure what's going on with me lately. I am all over the map. I scatterbrained, unsettled and anxious. I have written next to nothing in the last 6 weeks, and honestly I'm not sure why. It's not that I'm uninspired to do so, I just...haven't.

I just turned 42 ten days ago, and I had a nice quiet birthday. Which was nice. We didn't do much, it was just us...and we had a good time. We decided at the last minute to go out for sushi for dinner (which - I LOVE probably more than I should), which was fantastic.

I went to see New Kids on the Block with 98 Degrees and Boys II Men with my youngest sister in law, and of course we had a great time doing that. It's the third time I've seen them (New Kids) and they put on a very high energy, fantastic show. But, I think this may have been the best show yet and yet, I can't put my finger on as to why. The first time was here at home in London. Mary and I went we went with my other sister in law Megan - which was a good time. We went to dinner before, and enjoyed ourselves for the most part. The second time was in Toronto, but this time it was 3 of my sisters in law and I (Mary, Megan and Maureen) and it was New Kids with Backstreet Boys. Our seats sucked...but the show was good. But this time it was just Mary and I - our seats were good, and the show was awesome.

I can't sleep tonight. Something I'm relatively used to - I tend to go through about a week of this in the summer. I'm not sure why. It's annoying, but it is what it is and I'm used to it...sort of. Unfortunately it's not happening on days when I'm off. But, it's okay - I'm sure I'll survive.

I'm hoping next week we can look at houses. I'm actually dying to get out of where we're living now. I'm due for a change of scenery. It's not that this place is horrible or anything, but I can't put "my mark" on where we are now. We're renting and we would only have to repaint or have it repainted when we moved out, and I don't want to have to do that. We're in a position that we can finally start looking (I hope!) and I've seen a few online that I quite like. So...we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Promise!!

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment