Friday 3 April 2015

Happy Easter

I've got the makings for yet another story into the fire. I don't know if I can keep up this pace though. The last few days I feel like I'm "en pointe" twenty four seven. Like, I don't know how to turn the muses off. I'm loving the positive creative energies but sometimes I feel like my brain is scattered and I'm being pulled in multiple directions at once. Last night was the first time I've slept well in days. Like all the muses are speaking at once, vying for attentions for each different writing. New writings. And they're good. They're very good. At least, I think so. I suppose only time will tell.

I spoke to my former friend (what a stupid way to have to put it) via FB this week because her Aunt had passed away. I wouldn't have been me had I not extended my condolences to her. We spoke back and forth a little and now it's all gone to radio silence again. I'd be lying if I didn't say I missed speaking to her, but I'm not going to rehash things that she isn't, can't or won't help me fix. I am unwilling to accept responsibility for things that are NOT my fault. Friendship is a two way street and I have been more than willing to be accommodating in my changing. We are still ever tragically locked at a stalemate, and I don't think that's going to be fixed anytime soon. And maybe that's the way things are meant to be, remaining on the fringes of each others lives. I wish her peace and to be well.

I spent a LOVELY afternoon yesterday (rather unexpectedly) with my dear BFF. We went and had our nails done, and even bought matching purses (different colours). I know, it's silly -- but we had a great time. We always do. She'd been away on vacation, so catching up was just what we both needed I think. I know I sure did! I'm feeling rejuvenated today and I'm fairly sure she's part of the reason behind it. I missed her terribly while she was away. Even though we texted everyday, we missed our weekly ritual of going out to lunch. It was nice to get back into the groove.

Anyway, looking forward to spending some time with family this weekend. The weather seems to be warming up (FINALLY) and I hope that each of you have a lovely weekend. 

Happy Easter (if you celebrate). If not... happy weekend!

One Last Glimpse,

~K




No comments:

Post a Comment