Monday 6 August 2012

Once more into the fray: Duran on Tour

Duran Duran starts their FINAL leg of the "All You Need is Now Tour" in North America on August 8th in California at Saratoga's beautiful Mountain Winery (Click here for more info and tickets of the final leg of the tour). It's been a long road for the guys and Duranies alike; but it's been a journey we Duranies have most definitely enjoyed; and I'm pretty sure, although tired, the guys have enjoyed themselves as well.

As for me...I'm back to that all too familiar '25 days and counting' feeling that I had this past October with this September 1st show approaching. I am just as excited today as I was back then and I'm fairly confident if its my first show or my twenty first show I'm going to be excited when I think about it. (For the record, while I've been a fan of Duran Duran for 30 years, this will only be my second show).

Maybe it's a "chick thing" and my husband doesn't or won't ever get it. And truthfully I think it's common for most men. It's not that he doesn't like Duran, he does (The Reflex is his favourite song). But then I liken it to my husband to his Star Wars obsession and he nods in understanding. Duran Duran to me is what Star Wars is to him. And he gets it.

So I'm doing the whole same repetitious thing I was doing last year, I'm thinking about what I'm going to wear, what I'm going to do with my hair (that has DRASTICALLY changed from last fall) and exactly what the hell I WOULD say if I were to meet John. I actually wrote a letter too him not too long ago just in case I can't manage to get the words out. Yep, that's right...a fan letter. Kickin' it old school kids. It's just that I don't want to stand there like an idiot and say nothing. I've been in that position with someone famous and I felt like a moron afterward. Would he read it? Who knows.

With my weight loss added into the mix, I've revised what I was going to wear to the show...and may have to do so again once the end of the month rolls around depending on if my pants still fit or not. If they don't I may just have to make a 'dreaded' trip to get myself a new pair of pants to wear. The abject horror of it all.

My friend Rachel keeps asking me if Alan (the DH) knows what he's got himself into taking us to the show and I'm fairly confident he does. I'm pretty sure he's ready to see a bunch of 20-40somethings lose their freakin minds over quite arguably the best band/group/act from the 1980's on the final night of what has been the "tour of the superlatives" so sayeth the band.

It will be memorable, amazing and I look forward to every scream, cheer, note, chord, beat, thrum, and tear.

Bring on "A Diamond in the Mind", I'm ready to feel my heart in my throat and the swell of pride like I felt back in October. Bring on that #Duranlive one more time for this tour, I am ready to find myself in the moment once more.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment