Wednesday 19 December 2012

Dinner out with my two best guys

So two of my children (my daughters) went to my youngest sister in law's this evening for a few hours to cat sit (one of my sister in law's cats had just been neutered earlier today and so she wanted someone to sit with him in case there were any problems while he was still under medication). For dinner this evening it was my son, my husband and myself. A rarity.

Alan (my husband) asked our son Adam where he would like to go to dinner. He said he wanted sushi. Alan and I have been eyeballing a new restaurant between our house and work that just happened to open a week or so ago. We pulled up, the place was packed. Always a good sign. We were right, the food is really good.

We get our seat after a little bit of a wait (no biggie), and we're sitting there enjoying our food, and the music (GREAT playlist while we were there... Bowie, The Clash, Chic, Roxy Music, Guns and Roses, Def Leppard, The Cars, Queen, Amy Winehouse, Nirvana, and (Alan literally dropped his California Roll at this one when he realized what was playing) Duran Duran. "Do they follow you???" Yes. Yes they do. I carry them here, in my pocket....John keeps squirming...*grin*.

The place is a ALL YOU CAN EAT place...21.95$ Flat. Period. End of sentence. It advertizes that it is a BUFFET on the damn building, On the front sign. On the awning. It's everywhere you look that it's an all you can eat joint. No mistaking it.  You know where I'm going with this, so I won't belabor the point.

These two chicks get sat behind Alan, they order their food whatever it was. And it gets brought to them. I don't know if it was when they got the bill or what. But at some point, they realized they were going to *GASP* have to pay 21.95$ for their single sushi roll that each of them ate and felt how UNJUST that was (they had grabbed a 'take out' menu - which also says on it there is no a la carte menu in house). Okay yea sure...that would be fine IF IT HADN'T BEEN EVERYWHERE that it was a bloody BUFFET restaurant.

So after much arguing (quite loudly) with the manager who had a packed to the tits restaurant, they left. I don't know what (if anything) they ended up paying for their sushi rolls. I DO know though that the manager was not a happy camper dealing with these two, they were rude and ignorant to this guy. I felt badly for him. It could not have been any plainer the sort of place it was if it had been tattooed to the inside of their eyelids.

Other people's stupidity astounds me sometime. Something as simple as reading! HELLO??! Pay attention to your surroundings!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this by now...but I think I still have some foolish notion and faith left that the world isn't going to hell in a hand cart. Perhaps what the world needs is for us people who AREN'T daft monkeys to rise up and have a revolution to shake up the joint. Right the wrongs. Get your shit together or get out of the pool!

Who's with me??

Vive La Revolution! 

One Last Glimpse,

~K









No comments:

Post a Comment