Saturday 8 December 2012

Of tunnels and castles

Okay....I have a serious confession to make. And if someone can figure this out as to WHY please...by all means... let me know.

For the last...I don't know how long, for as long as I can remember I guess I have been fixated on abandoned castles/mansions and subway stations. Why were they abandoned? Who would leave such glorious places untouched, unused, unwanted? Why?? For something better?? Better than what??

I've had dreams in the last where I'm walking through abandoned places like this, looking for someone not sure who or why. But I'm not scared, it's not ominous or foreboding, it just is. I have no idea what it is I'm looking for or who I'm looking for, but I'm always searching.

Some of the majesty of these buildings and stations is seriously staggering. The architecture and craftsmanship that was involved in making these places is truly and seriously breathtaking. But then to just...up and abandon it? Baffling.


It's odd because I've seen some of the 'newer' and 'better' ones (subway stations). They're not really. In some cases (for a subway) they've just gone to a lower level or an above level and rebuilt. Why? What for? What was wrong with the perfectly good subway you just had built that is in perfectly pristine condition? Mind blowing.

 
Castles abandoned, why? Divide and conquer? I took over a bigger and better place so I don't need this one anymore? But no one buys them up (in modern times), and no one lives there. Why??

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Can someone explain it? And if anyone happens to have a castle in semi good state that they have laying around, I'm willing to take it off your hands. Somewhere near South Wraxall would be nice. I'm JUST sayin.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment