Thursday 2 January 2014

We are family!

Every New Years Day my husband's family comes for our Christmas dinner. He's the oldest of seven kids, a blended family...sometimes more siblings and their families are here than other years. But this year, this time, was the most people we've had since we started this. And it was fantastic.

Alan's Grandmother (his Mother's Mother) invited herself (asked my husband if she could come) a few weeks ago, which was a pleasure and a half. I haven't seen him that elated and that happy in a very long time. He was thrilled, absolutely thrilled. And she was equally as tickled as to how she'd been cheeky enough to ask to begin with.


One by one Alan's siblings arrived with their families, the noise of conversation and laughter grew louder until at one point, I couldn't hear myself think. It was amazing. In total 28 people graced my living room this evening. 27 people I love very much. We were a few short - some who couldn't be with us due to work...and some who couldn't be with us...but who are always with us.


I think my Father in law was pleased to have almost all of his children here for our Christmas dinner. There have been ups and downs (as with most families), some estrangements...but in the end, it all came down to family, and which was more important.


So today was a fantastic day. I had a great time....although I ate way too much!! It was a great start to 2014, a year I think is going to be one for the history books.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment