Tuesday 22 January 2013

Winds of change that blow in my direction

I'm sitting here listening to a two hour Duran special on Total Radio UK and currently "Save a Prayer" is playing. I've always liked this song, appreciated it. It's got a FANTASTIC mystical synth melody and of course it's ever present counter-part tune thrumming along in the bass line (equally as amazing). But today, for whatever reason - I'm feeling a little melancholy as I listen to this song. It's never made me cry, never made me feel sad as I know it has many others. Today...the music in general is ebbing it's way into my essence just that little bit more than normal.

I find I'm emotional lately. Twitchy. Perhaps it's the weather, or the time of year -- I'm eager for the winter to go away, but honestly -- I don't think so. I think it's got more to it than that. More substance. Could there actually be some sort of cosmic shift that has occurred? I know I'm not the only person who is saying and thinking the exact same thing I am, is it possible? Is it some sort of cosmic Revolution? A time to rise up and take a stand? For what? A new way of life? A new destiny? A new beginning? An end to the unsettled, unstable world? A new dawn beginning, a time for change, thought, love and direction on a peaceful level. It's a great thought.

VIVE LA REVOLUTION and VIVE LA RESISTANCE says I if that's the case. Enjoy life, AND LEARN...there's a wealth of knowledge out there to learn, to know, to see. You could amaze yourself with the knowledge you could uncover and things you could learn. As I understand it we only use 10% of our brains on average folks. TEN. PERCENT. These people who whine and mew and carry on about how they're 'stupid' or they 'can't learn anything'. No, you're not stupid. The only stupid thing about you is that you're impeding yourself from learning something. You're lazy. You don't want to learn, so you won't learn.

I know this post is all over the map. I know it's chaotic and it started off with the Duran special, but this is my thought patterns lately. All over and chaotic. Half the time I can't even keep up. But, if you've made it this far...if you take anything away from this post, I hope it's a peaceful journey for you into this new year and seemingly new era. Follow your dreams, take a chance, learn something new. You'll never know where life will take you and who you may meet or become by taking a chance.

One Last Glimpse,

~K




No comments:

Post a Comment