Saturday 8 September 2012

Peace and Tranquility

I'm sitting here...it's 5:50am and I'm listening to the rain fall. It's one of the most peaceful sounds there is. I don't know if you've ever taken the time to sit quietly, perhaps with your eyes closed and listen as it falls hitting the pavement in a gentle pattern, but truthfully it's one of the most amazing sounds out there. It's hitting some leaves as well on it's way down, which only adds to it's syncopated splendor.

Tonight; surprisingly; there is no thunder going on. There was a little distant lightening earlier and it was warm enough for some...but there isn't any. The slight rustle that is going on as the breeze goes through the leaves  only adds to the weather's atmospheric presence, the thunder would only accentuate that. But alas, you can't win them all.

I think perhaps I was spoiled growing up with my Dad living on Lake Huron. We had some amazing rain storms there, not to mention the daily motion of the sound of the waves as I was going to sleep at night. I was spoiled by that. Spoiled by the sound of the waves and how relaxing and quite often therapeutic their sound can be. How comforting. Even now, when I go home to visit my Dad, that sound takes me back and I am at ease.

So I leave you gentle reader, wherever you may be and roam with hopes that your day is restful and relaxed.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment