Sunday 18 November 2012

American Horror Story: Thoughts on a TV show

I've started watching a television show called "American Horror Story". It's a freaky little tale of woe that reminds me of an 80's movie called "House" which stared Greatest American Hero himself William Katt. To say that one "likes" this show is a quandary. Because, to be honest...it's a wack-fuck of a show -- and what in turn, does that say about ME as a person if I say that I like this show? I suppose though it's no different than saying that I like "Dexter". That's a messed up show too.


American Horror Story is a story about a family who moves into this stunningly gorgeous house in Los Angeles. The husband is a therapist and the family have moved to LA to escape the affair that he had with one of his patients and try to rebuild his family. However the ghosts of the house; who have all died tragically; won't let sleeping dogs lie and a whole new drama unfolds. There are plenty of twists and turns in this show and just when I think I've got it all figured out, it throws a whole new twist at me that blows my mind.

 I'm almost done the first season which is coming to an end at a rapid breakneck pace. I suspect that my mind will be completely blown come the end of this season and I've heard nothing but rave reviews of season two, which is currently in progress.


The show stars Jessica Lange; whom I adore; Connie Britton of Spin City, Friday Night Lights and Nashville fame as the scorned wife and Dylan McDermott as the philandering husband. It also has Zachary Quinto (Syler from Heroes, the new Spock in the newest Star Trek movies) in it whom I adore!!! But honestly  there are too many to mention guest star appearances and I'm only part way through the first season!

I would recommend this show if you're looking for something off the beaten path. It's chock full of sex, cursing, violence and some gore but a whole lotta mind fucks. It's generally a great show. It surprises me (and doesn't) that it's from the same makers and minds that brought us Nip/Tuck, Glee, and Popular. I can't imagine where this all ends up and is heading, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment