Monday 2 December 2013

Early December ramblings

December already? Jinkies kids we are just flying at seemingly breakneck speed towards the end of 2013 aren't we?? Soon 2013 will be just a memory and 2014 will be upon us. Where does the time go?

We just celebrated (We as in the collective, universal "we" - the royal "we" if you will, not myself exclusively as I am neither American nor am I of the Jewish faith) "Thanksgivukkah" last week. "We" isn't that a funny way to put it? It's sort of like speaking about ones self in the 3rd person...Which drives Kendra crazy by the by. (I am madly cringing at that last sentence and about ready to claw my eyeballs out). I find it pretentious and ridiculous. What purpose; other than sounding like a raging asshat; does it serve? Just say "I" instead of *insert name here* and do us all a favour, there are enough assholes in the world, you don't need your name added to the list do you? I thought not. ***Edit - and lets get one thing straight -- this does not include someone who legitimately has Dissociative Identity Disorder - I'm talking someone who is just an asshat.***

But I digress....Oh and on a side note, please forgive me for the randomness of this post. I've not slept well, and I'm rather mentally scatterbrained this morning.

Now...where were we? Oh yes, Thanksgivukkah (Try saying that ten times fast!) I suppose really it only makes sense to have the two mixed together (Thanksgiving and Hanukkah), it usually takes 8 days to get rid of the last of the leftovers anyway....am I right? And before you say "booooooo" or start sending me hate mail about that last comment. THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE...I'm speaking from experience here. I'm just trying to help out. In October (When we here in Canada celebrated Thanksgiving) I had turkey in my fridge for just over a WEEK before I finally forced my husband to throw the last of it out. I'm just saying - if we moved Thanksgiving to one of those holidays that wasn't a "set" time, to when ever Hanukkah was celebrated, there would be food AND pressies. Leftovers would get eaten -- it would be win win!

Just do me a favour and think on it. It's just a thought.

I've seen so many people that have posted on Facebook or Twitter saying that they've gotten their Christmas tree up. I haven't yet...I feel like I've been slacking. But truthfully that's not the case at all! I'm dying to get some Christmas going in my house!! But I have a slight problem that I need to muddle through first. I was given; about a month ago; a FANTASTIC gently used living room suite (overstuffed couch, loveseat and chair) which hubby and I are absolutely in love with, but I already have so much junk in my living room - I have absolutely zero room to put up a tree. So, I am currently trying to figure out where I am going to put stuff. My husband and I are debating renting a storage unit (and were before this new furniture came into the house). There are pieces we have in our house currently that are family pieces that we want to keep (Not necessarily keep them IN the house but we don't want to throw them out - hence the storage unit idea.), our place right now is just too small for them. It's looking clatty and unkempt. It doesn't help that I also have a large exercise bike in my living room - which I'd love to use, if I could get to it... So unless I'm going to suspend my Christmas tree from the roof (and don't think I haven't thought on that - I kid!), currently I have nowhere to put my tree. And I am absolutely DYING to put up my tree. I love twinkle lights and the whole thing. It's like a drug to me. A sweet, sweet sparkly, twinkle-y drug.

Don't even get me started on the Christmas gift thing. I haven't done any shopping, and I have no ruttin idea what anyone is getting this year. I told my youngest daughter I was taking the money I was going to spend on her gift this year, and give it to a homeless family. You'd think I'd shot the cat with the look on her face when I said that. I think there's a lesson for her to learn in there somewhere, I'm just not sure how I'm going to teach it to her yet.

And then; post Christmas; we slide into New Year's -- which brings on 2014. The New Year always brings the potential for greatness and this new year approaching is no different. I welcome it with open arms, a positive mind and heart. I welcome the positive change, love and creativeness. The potential where anything could happen...even wonderful things that I can't even conceive of yet.

But I look forward to the possibilities.

One Last Glimpse,

~K







No comments:

Post a Comment