Sunday 1 April 2012

Turducken, The Psychic Fair, and a Twitter rant

Just an FYI, this post has absolutely nothing to do with an actual "Turducken" meal. So if that's what you've come here expecting...sorry to disappoint! It's just "the word of the day" that has been tossed around my house. I don't know why. It's just one of those random ass things heard in my house people randomly yelling "TURDUCKEN!!!" and hearing "TURDUCKEN!!" in response, so of course - as always, I'm sharing. Don't judge! Yes...my family is weird and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This afternoon my friend Nat and I went to a psychic fair. She asked me about a week or two ago if I wanted to go, and I said yes. I'd been to one before several years ago with my sister and her husband when Alan and I were separated but not in many years. So I agreed to go. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. I mean Nat and I had fun, we always do. But I was a little disappointed that there was no psychic I was drawn to to get a reading from. It was much smaller than the last fair I'd been to (This was Nat's first), and I was really hoping to get a reading from someone, but I was always taught "If you're not drawn to a psychic, don't waste your money". There was one gentleman who I would have considered perhaps seeing however I decided I wasn't convinced it was the right decision and left it at that.


And now for my Twitter rant....
I noticed in the last week that there are a LOT of negative and melodramatic people on Twitter. I don't know how I never noticed it before...but holy shnike! I guess I've noticed it but it just seems to be coming to a serious head lately and I've about had enough of it to make me (and several others) seriously no longer enjoy Twitter, or enjoy it less so that our time there is lessened. Like seriously people? Pop a Xanax or a Zoloft or a Prozac or whatever you need to make it through the day - no...these people are NOT out to get you, and if they're seriously taking the time to make your life THAT miserable...that's what the block button is for. I'd say haul out the Glock and go all gangsta but...you know, I'm trying to be a kinder, gentler, koombyfuckingya sorta me. Just tell them to fuck off, report their asses and get bent. If they're THAT seriously bent out of shape and twisted around the axles because you got a Tweet off someone, or an email, or got a follow from them, or a DM or got to meet celebrity_01 (whoever it may be), or won the lottery or WHATEVER your good fortune was - they can fuck themselves if they can't be happy for you. And seriously, if they don't have anything better to do than to shit all over everyone else's happiness OR stir the pot and bitch and moan about WHATEVER their deal is, you shouldn't let it weigh you down and take that on as your own personal burden. You should tell them to screw themselves and hit ignore. One of these people is slowly erasing her fandom and existence because of these assholes. Seriously? You're going to let them win??? Fuck THAT says I. Why should you give up something you enjoy and love because of some pissant???  I understand that not everyday can be rainbows out the ass and sunshiny day. But holy fuck balls people lets back the razor away from the wrist and analyze this situation as to who exactly is the douchebag here in this situation! Cause I can guarantee you....9 chances out of 10...it ain't you. But doing what you're doing certainly makes you out to be a drama Mama, which only validates their original statement of you being the problem, when you didn't even start the situation but now they feel they're the champion because if you're bailing...it MUST mean they were right and it's because they know they've won. And that shit ain't cool with me. Especially since I know that a lot of these people who are being shit on....are really cool and good people. Ya know? And I know someone out there is thinking "You're a stronger person than I am"...no I'm not...not really. I have my own insecurities - I'm just tired of people and them thinking it's alright for their behavior. It's called bullying and I'm not a fan. I wasn't a fan when I was a child being bullied and now that I'm an adult I'm CERTAINLY not going to bend over and take it from someone who's probably not worth it to begin with, nor should you (if this speaks to you personally). I'm not a violent person on the norm. I'm happy go lucky, I like to make others smile and laugh and generally have a good time. And I try to do that. When people shit on and pick on people who never deserved it to begin with and play the blame game, and generally kick those who are down already to make them completely off the rails...that's when Kenny sees red.

Namaste Mother Fucker, ya dig?

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment