Saturday 20 October 2012

Hidden in the Stacks

Bizarre, odd dreams are nothing new for me. You know it. I know it. I've told this dream to some of you, but now I'll share it with all of you.

Maybe (likely) its the excitement of the release of John's book, or the signing, or the fact I'm getting to see and meet up with friends, not to mention the obvious of course...meeting the man himself. Who knows. Probably a culmination of all of the above.

The other night I had this dream I was in a large Chapters/Indigo bookstore. I'm with my friend Deena (one of the lovely ladies I'm looking forward to actually meeting!!) but we're hiding for some reason. I'm not sure (even now) as to why.

We've stacked John's books about 30 copies high in rows around us to build a fort of some sort (clearly no one would see us behind them!) and we are looking for our friends Kristina and Christine. I'm not sure where they were, or why we were looking for them but we were. I can only assume so they can hide with us from whatever it was we were hiding from in the first place. (Zombies is of course the likely and obvious reason - followed closely by hiding from our dear friend Victoria...but don't tell her I said that - HA!!)

It's very bright in the store, light is streaming in from floor to ceiling windows I can see about 60 feet away across the store. The shelves are high and people are milling about, and seem to take no notice of us whatsoever.

As we're tucked down waiting, I hear this person either clear their throat or say something. I'm not sure now at this point which it was. Maybe both.

I glance up and see John Taylor. He is leaned on his elbows on the stacks of books, bent over looking at us. He's grinning, clearly amused by our little fort and asks "What are you doing?"

I tell him "Hiding of course!" in a hushed tone but chastising like he should have known, like it should have been obvious. He chuckles and replies "From what?" in a quieter tone now glancing around suspiciously as if someone may just hear him. Playing the part.

Deena replies to him something I can't quite hear or make out. John proceeds to walk around the back of our fort and says "Well! In that case...do you mind if I join you?" and sits down with a big grin cross-legged on the floor.

We never did find Christine or Kristina...their whereabouts remain unknown.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment