Sunday 28 October 2012

The calm before the storm: T-minus 1 day to John Taylor

I can feel my heart thumping in my chest. I guess that's a good thing. At least I know I'm still alive...right?

It's less than 48 hours until I meet John Taylor. I have a basic general idea of what I'm going to say...a basic general leap off point of which to talk to him. Thank the Gods and Muses because I think I'd be seriously devastated if I got to him and said absolutely nothing except for "hi" and "thank you". But I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was freaking the hell out. It's my idol after all...the man who donned my bedroom wall long before and after anyone else. Until my husband came along, his were the last set of eyes I'd see looking at me before I went to sleep and his were the first set of eyes that I'd see when I'd wake up. (Not too stalker sounding right?).

In the reality of the situation...internally...I am seriously losing my shit. I have butterflies...even now and am so unbelievably excited. It seems like all of my life has been leading to that moment. Does that sound weird?

My Dad emailed me the other day asking me if I was going to go see John or if I was under some delusion. Which made me seriously laugh my ass off. I assured him that no, I was actually going to meet this man, but how the hell HE found out I was going or that John was going to be in Toronto, remains a mystery. I assume he must have seen it on the news somewhere.

I've found the right outfit...Something that looks nice but at the same time I'll be comfortable (IMPORTANT!!). I mean do I want to be dressed like a slob meeting John??? Ummm NO of course not!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow for many reasons. Meeting John of course, but also I get to see and 'meet' some fantastic ladies. People I talk to everyday, but have never actually met. I'm super excited to meet and see them all. They're fantastic people.

I'm certain I'll have an entry about actually meeting him. I apologize in advance if it's complete gibberish and makes no sense whatsoever. Remember to breathe!!!!

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment