Monday 1 October 2012

Of what dreams are made of

I've always had vivid dreams. The kind of dreams where you're really not sure if you're awake or not. I can hear, read, touch and my dreams are always in colour. These are apparently things most people don't or can't do. I'm not sure why I can or why I do dream the things I do. But for lack of a better way to put it, it's interesting.

Recently, I had a dream that has stuck with me (No ladies...not THAT dream, although that dream stuck with me too and was VERY interesting to say the LEAST!) and I have revisited it more than a few times in my waking hours. I'm not going to go into great detail, because truth be told it would make a great book that I may just take advantage of at some point (once I write umpteen OTHER stories I have on the go currently!). But trying to get it from my brain down on paper has been a bitch!! I have this scene I'm wanting desperately to get from my brain out onto paper (yes...I write my stories on paper and then transfer them to digital) but I just can't get the vision written out properly. I know how I want the scene to flow, but it's just not coming out properly in word form. Talk about frustrating and failure to launch! Oy vey!

I frequently will have little blurbs that I will write, various ideas and scenes. Perhaps they'll work in a story I'm already working on, or maybe they won't. In any case, I write them out and use them later or tuck them away for another time.

I love writing (in case you hadn't guessed). I find it relaxing, and an outlet for my thoughts. Would the stories I write be construed as my feelings? Sometimes I think yes. Sometimes definitely not. It's a form of escapism I suppose. Some people knit, some people paint, some people bake, I write. It can be time consuming but for me, it's relaxing. So much so, that there are some occasions when I can't write that I find I become annoyed and agitated. I suppose it's like trying to suppress someone trying to get out pent up energy.

Sometimes I find that I get overwhelmed with detail, and I guess that can be a good thing. I think the one thing I like when reading a book I'm enjoying is being able to visualize the surroundings or characters. For me, it makes the writing more immersible and something I can get lost in. The devil may be in the details but I would certainly write the devil in a 3 piece suit, with long dark tendrils and chestnut eyes and can intoxicate and betwixt a woman with a mere arch of his eyebrow and a wry smile. Oh wait...that's not the devil...that's John Taylor. And what a fiiiiiiiiiine looking devil he is...

But I digress. I suppose I should close this entry and trundle off to dream land. The place where anything can happen - and has! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to find the words I so desperately need to get my thoughts down on paper. Until then...


One Last Glimpse,

~K





No comments:

Post a Comment