Tuesday 19 March 2013

The face that time forgot

I've often spoken of problems/traumas when I was young. This is not one of those entries.

I saw this evening on CNN.com that a painting by Vladimir Tretchikoff' is up for auction tomorrow. It's a well known 1970's print that I'm sure was as common in many homes as plastic on the couch and shag carpet.

When I saw this photograph it instantly brought a smile to my face, and a warm sentimental feeling to my heart. I instantly recalled someone I care(d) very much for in my youth having it hung in their living room. But right at this precise moment, I can't tell you WHO it was. It's not that I don't WANT to tell you who it was, I just can't remember who it was.

I have an inkling it was my Aunt Brenda and Uncle Ken who had a print of this painting, but I don't know that for sure. My Aunt Brenda and Uncle Ken (not my real Aunt and Uncle) were friends of my Mothers who are/were from the UK. When they first came over, my Mom used to babysit their children (even though I don't believe there was that much in age difference between my Mom and My Aunt Brenda). Over the years they became very close and we spent many days/nights/weekends with them.

 
 
I love this painting/print, it may be almost as tacky as velvet Elvis to some. However for me it recalls a time and place in me that I think of frequently, but now it brings with it a love for this woman's face. A face I had forgotten existed, until now.
 
 
One Last Glimpse,
 

~K
 


No comments:

Post a Comment