Wednesday 21 March 2012

And I ran...(I blame John)

John Taylor (of Duran Duran) Tweeted that he went for a "run in an Adelaide park" on his day off today; while on the current leg of their "All You Need is Now" tour, currently stopped in Australia; and saw a "flock of parrots". I was at work when he tweeted that -- and truthfully, had to read it twice. A flock of parrots?? Really?? How surreal! How fantastically, beautifully, surreal! At first I thought perhaps he was just joking and having a laugh - but I'm fairly certain he was being completely serious. I will add; before I continue; ever since then, I've had "I ran" by Flock of Seagulls stuck in my head. And now, I'm sure you do as well...You're welcome! (I've actually since moved on from "I Ran" and moved on to "Be" and "Lonely Looking Sky" from Johnathan Livingston Seagull Soundtrack by Neil Diamond, as well as of course Seal's "I Believe I Can Fly". Sorry!)

I found his Tweet (for whatever reason) and the imagery it conjures intriguingly visually fascinating. I'm not quite sure why I found it as fascinating as I did. I suppose because it's bewildering to me to see such a thing, I've never seen it, we certainly don't have them here -- and I just think it would be a spectacular sight! I just picture him out for a leisurely run...plodding along at his own pace, music in his ears, sun shining down through this park, maybe running down a park path, coming around a corner, down a slight hill, perhaps by a pond and seeing in a field (perhaps just taking off) a huge mass flock of parrots. Blues, greens, yellows and vibrant reds. I think it would certainly be bewildering and unexpected. What a fantastic moment of peace and beauty. (Provided he didn't get parrot shit on him -- that would sort of ruin the moment).

It also made me become painfully aware how while I have done some travelling, there's still so much more of this world I'd love to see. There are parts of this world that are in my own country that I'd still love to see, that I never have (I've never been any farther than Quebec to the east...and I've been about as west as I can go). There are places in the States I'd like to go (San Francisco/Vegas and the Grand Canyon chief among them). UK, Germany, Italy, Rome, Greece, Russia, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and while I'd like to SEE the pyramids, I don't necessarily want to visit Egypt. If that makes any sense. I guess what I mean by that is, while I'd take a couple days to visit the pyramids, I wouldn't make a trip just to solely go to Egypt. It would be en route to or en route from somewhere. There are other places; as well of course; that I'd love to visit but those are some of the highlights.

The thought of travelling and taking flight just like those birds John saw today is truly awe inspiring. Someday, hopefully maybe I'll have the opportunity to take a walk (or run) through an Adelaide park on a sunny Tuesday afternoon and see a flock of parrots just like John. Until then, I can only imagine the picturesque beauty he must have seen, and smile.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment