Sunday, 22 July 2012

Let the fun begin! NOT!

If you don't want to hear about women's 'monthly bills' and the like...this post is not for you.

I got my period a few days ago, and I'm always bloaty. Like I'm talkin' majorly bloaty. To the point where my ankles (which of course bloat as well) hurt to bend them, THAT bloaty. And usually I get bitchy too. Not MAJORLY; although that has known to happen. But bitchy enough. Add that to me not drinking pop now (Friday was day 2 of no pop for this Coke/Pepsi junkie)...well "let the fun begin".

Yesterday was the worst day I have had in a very long time. I woke up with a headache, nothing major...but I was bitchy. Like I said I had my period; fine whatever; but this was BEYOND that. Alan suggested we go for a nice lunch just the two of us before he took me to work. Fine and dandy. THEN he told me my work clothes weren't dry so we'd have to come back. And while I didn't flip my noodle inwardly I was OUTRAGED that we'd have to come back. OUTRAGED. FURIOUS. Like seriously??? I'm looking back on it and even at the time I was like WTF am I so mad for?? But at the time I was FURIOUS. We went for lunch at Swiss Chalet which took forever...and it wasn't just me, it DID actually take forever. Which is unusual for this restaurant, but only precipitated my anger. I made it to work on time in the end but I was furious. And of course my headache was worse.

I got to work in a foul mood, took some Tylenol and Tylenol sinus because where the headache had started and where it was at the time I took the medication I wasn't sure if it was a sinus headache or a regular one. It had moved. So I wasn't sure. To be safe, I took one of each and kept it at bay for the rest of my shift. When I went to leave work, it had gotten worse but I thought perhaps it was because I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I ate dinner, and sat at my computer for a while. I still wasn't feeling 100% and it progressively got worse. So I went to bed around 1am.

I woke up at about 3:40am thinking I was going to DIE. It felt like someone had a bullet in their hand and was trying to press it right between my eyes and was being quasi successful in their attempt. I felt nauseous, hot and even though I had a large fan blowing on me felt no relief. Alan got me a drink and a cold cloth and if I sat very still...the pain would subside temporarily. I honestly thought that I was dying I was in so much pain. Thankfully around 5-5:30 it lightened up enough for me to be able to lay back down and go to sleep. I have never ever experienced such excruciating pain like that in my life. Honestly and truthfully I think it was because I'm detoxing off the soda-pop. The headache, the anger earlier on in the day...I think it's from the sugar and caffeine. I think it was the withdrawal. Whatever the case, it was brutal. I felt fantastic today and had a great day.

I'm proud of myself for now being 3 days soda free. I think that the tough part is almost behind me. I think if I can go a week, I'll be golden. Thanks for your support guys it means more than you know.

In conclusion...don't do Coke....or Pepsi. Even if John does prefer it. ;)

One Last Glimpse,


No comments:

Post a Comment