Tuesday 31 July 2012

When it rains, it pours...

I'm working unexpectedly today. I was supposed to have yesterday and today off but due to real life rearing it's sometimes tragic and ugly head, my boss and her eldest daughter needed today off. If for nothing else and for no other reason but to regroup and collect their thoughts. She's had a shitty week thus far and due to an unforeseen tragic situation which manifested last night, it was all but the icing on the cake, so I agreed to work.

I'm texting with my boss just now and it's sad when you're having that shitty of a point in your life when ANY sort of normalcy is welcomed. People always seem to tip-toe around you when tragedy strikes. It becomes annoying and yet we repeatedly treat others with kid gloves at times like this.

She had asked me to do something for her here at work and my response was "of course" instead of my usual joking "NO!". She texted me quickly and said "Really...you can still argue with me. Don't like it when you're agreeable. ;)" Smart ass.

I love my boss.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment