Wednesday 22 June 2011

Random Duran ramblings..

I've talked a bit about my...affection for Duran Duran. Yes okay I currently have 2 full albums up on facebook of various pictures, and more than I'm collecting to put up and share. BUT I'm not obsessed, Okay I am, BUT I have not lost sight of reality. I KNOW the chances of me meeting them are quite slim, and the whole sex thing...NEVER going to happen. I'm happily married, and it's taken us a while to get to where we are. I'm not about to jeopardize it over....wait...I get one of those "lists" right??? I kid, I kid...mostly....I love you honey!!

ANYWAY my point is this...it's come to my attention reading some tweets and the walls on facebook (mostly Duran Duran's wall, as well as Roger Taylor's) that some of these people actually think, not only do they have a shot with a hook up or relationship with the guys, but I think some actually think that they already HAVE a relationship with the guys. And I don't mean fan/musician relationship, I'm talking full on, four alarm, morning suits and wedding gowns relationship. And that scares the SHIT out of me. I understand the whole fact that the guys get the juices flowing. Believe me, I get that. But to delude yourself into HONESTLY thinking you have some sort of...relationship with them outside of ya know...we're the fans...they're the musicians that we idolize? WOW. Goodbye Fanville, Hello Stalkertown! That's not to say that some of the fans haven't struck up friendships with the guys. I'm SURE there are some who have, to some degree or another.

I often wonder if John or Simon have had to block anyone yet on Twitter. The tweets that they must get are huge numbers I'm sure. But some of the things that I'VE read that has been tweeted to them, or about them...is kinda...well...disturbing. I know that a lot of celebrities have this in their lives, I know that. I guess I never really paid attention about it until now. I mean geez if this is the way it is now, when the guys are in their 50's...I don't even think I can or would WANT to fathom what it was like in their 20's. Sheer pandemonium. The whole thought of it makes me laugh actually. I'm SURE at times it was no laughing matter. I'm SURE that there were more than a few times that their lives could very well have been at risk. And I'm sure they've said "oh we're used to it". Really?? Is that something you should HAVE to get "used to"???

I also wonder if they've ever been sitting in SUV traveling along, reading their tweets and shared them with each other. I have to admit, it's exciting to get a response back from one of your idols. I've had a few, and each time I get a euphoric high. ALTHOUGH Yes...I WILL admit I went a LITTLE mental the first time it ever happened. (Quiet Patty...no comments from the peanut gallery). I was at work and I about lost my fuckin shit. Simon was tweeting away sitting in Houston airport, he tweeted something I didn't understand...so I RANDOMLY made a comment asking what the hell (whatever) he had said meant. And he replied. To me.  I'm tellin ya, I about shit my pants right there at work. Yes...I Tweet at work. Don't judge me! LOL

My loving husband (THANKFULLY a Duranie, although not to the same degree as I -- I'd be concerned if he were), recently bought me an electric bass for my birthday. It's a LOVELY 4string Peavey Cirrus BXP bass, dark wood. Almost EXACTLY like one of the ones John Taylor currently plays (although his is lighter than mine). I LOVE it. I could sit for hours and play that thing. I love the sound it makes, I love the feel of it under my fingers, shit I even love the smell of the case. It's kind of got that "new case smell" to it. It's exciting. It's something I've wanted to do for...well almost 30 years. And now, thanks to the love of my life, it's a reality. I don't ever anticipate playing for anyone BUT myself, family or friends -- but it's nice to be able to FINALLY do that and express myself the way I have wanted to for 30 years.


OH and jumping back to the whole Twitter thing...What the hell is up with Cecil_LeBon?? Anyone? For a while I thought it was Simon, having a little bit of a laugh. Then I thought perhaps it was John or maybe even Nick, but now I'm starting to wonder. When I FIRST heard about him it was actually from a tweet that I saw from Simon to his daughter Amber. I honestly thought Cecil was his father, but as I understand it Mr. LeBon has been deceased for a few years now, so that made no sense. THEN when I clicked the link I realized that  it was Cecil_LeBon....Simon's Boston terrier. That's one damn talented dog! So okay, I've run the gamut thinking it's a fan run thing, but there have been some statements...that have been a little....they've had TOO much knowledge of the goings on from the inside. I tend to think, or tend to WANT to think it's Simon just being Simon. But I guess we'll never know unless he flat out either confirms or denies it.

I guess I probably should get ready to go to work, I'm supposed to be there in about an hour and I'm still sitting here in my pajamas. Hardly something I could wear to work.

I realize that the long and the short of it is...for as long as there are musicians/actors/celebs in general there are going to be those fans who go completely coo coo for coco puffs for them. But do they have to be so completely messed up? It's kind of embarrassing to be completely honest. I mean really, they make us generally, relatively speaking 'normal' fans look bad. 

One Last Glimpse,



~K

No comments:

Post a Comment