Thursday 7 July 2011

I'm sorry... you're what now????

So a friend of mine are talking tonight on Facebook, and we're chit chatting via facebook inbox about various topics as we do almost every night before we go to bed. And she informs me that another acquaintance of ours (I've NEVER met this girl, she has...ONCE) has decided that when Duran comes to town (presumably Toronto). That the three of us are going together. Ummmm what?

If she wants to go, fine. But...she's not coming with us. This night, this event, this moment is for US. Period. For her to insinuate herself into the situation is rather...presumptuous. If she wants to meet for drinks before the show (as we FULLY plan to with another Duranie friend of ours) that's TOTALLY fine. And I'm all for that. But I'm sorry, my plans...our plans, are OURS. SHIT my HUSBAND won't even insinuate himself into our pilgrimage to see the guys, wtf makes her think it's okay for her to do so? And I know, that makes me sound like SUCH a bitch, but seriously... SERIOUSLY. No. Just...No.

And I'm not MAD that she has said this, I'm just shaking my head at the whole situation. It's stupid I know, but this is OUR time. And really, I don't even KNOW this chick. There's a huge back story issue with it all, that I'm not going to get into. But, I just... I don't get it. Maybe I'm making more of this than I should...but like...honestly??? No. lol.

What's stupid is the girl we're supposed to meet for drinks (whom we've only JUST met recently via twitter), I feel like I have more in common with HER than with this other person whom I've known for 2 years now via Rachel and some other friends. And I'm SUPER eager to meet her, she's just a sweetheart, and of course a Duranie!!!  It's just all stupid. lol. And I may even be making something out of nothing, who the hell even knows! We don't even have a date. So beats the hell out of me.

That's not to say I don't want to meet this other woman, I do. And I'm sure she's as lovely in person as she is on facebook. But like... I dunno. I feel like she's just invited herself over for dinner or something. It's just rubbed me the wrong way. And I'm sure if I said something (or if Rach said something) she'd be like Oh yea no problem! And it wouldn't be...but like...GRRRrrr!! LOL


One Last Glimpse,


~K

3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha AS IF, sista... AS IF. The minute I read it I had a visual of our face and just bust out laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well seriously. Like I said this morning. If she wants to meet up (like we've already semi planned to with Christine) then that's fine. I say the more the merrier! But to assume you're coming with us? No. If you want to go to the concert, by all means go! Have a blast..but no. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having SAID that, like I said on twitter to the #Duransistas I TOTALLY would be down (if I EVER had the cash) with jetting somewhere TOGETHER to go see them. I think THAT would be a hoot. But...not to our first show. That's been sacred for 25 years now.

    ReplyDelete