Thursday 5 January 2012

2012: Resolutions? We don't need not shtinkin resolutions!

2012...Another new year. I'm not sure if due to this whole Mayan calendar stuff I'm supposed to have a sense of impending doom or what. But, I can tell you, rest assured my lovelies...I do not. To be honest, I feel positive and upbeat at prospects of a new year. A sense of calm and peace about myself that I don't know if I've EVER felt before.

It's like new shoes or fresh sheets out of the washer. They look and feel great at first, but they're bound to eventually be a few wrinkles and scuffs but rest assured, things will be fine.


I stopped making resolutions years ago. I paraphrase a wise woman who recently said: "Resolutions are like promises I'm breaking to myself, and since I don't like to break a promise to anyone I don't make resolutions. I set goals for myself instead over the year." Personally, I think that's brilliant. Perhaps I'm just deluding myself into thinking it's not the same thing. 



I'm looking forward to 2012 to be honest. Last year came to an end on such a bittersweet note, that I'm looking positively at things hoping it will ebb and weave positivity into my live, my surroundings, my writings, and my music. Then outward to you my dear friends...my loved ones. 


So I don't do resolutions, if you've come here looking for one from me...I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. 


I do however as always promise to be there for you, just as I always have been. 


I will leave you with a (LAMELY) paraphrased version however of one of my favorite Beatles songs...


(Not quite Abbey Road...more like Abbey Rhodes)


You say you want a resolution
Well, you know
We all want to change ourselves
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change ourselves
But when you talk about quitting smoking
Don't you know that you'd better butt it out!
Don't you know it's gonna be, all right
All right, all right

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the weight loss plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're all doing what we can
But when you want some money
To see Duran Duran some place
All I can say is sister..you're going to have to wait (to get more tour dates)
Don't know you it's gonna be all right
All right, all right
Ah

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

You say you'll change your resolutions
Well, you know
We all want to keep them instead
You tell me it's all convoluted
Well, you know
You'd better think of what you said
But if you go carrying through with solemn vows
You better be willing to turn it out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
All right, all right
All right, all right, all right
All right, all right, all right.

One Last Glimpse,


~K

No comments:

Post a Comment