Saturday 20 August 2011

Fan Expo 2011

On this coming Thursday my husband Alan and I are going to go to Toronto for the weekend. I'm rather excited about it as it's for a multitude of reasons.

On Friday August 26th we will have been married 22 years. We got married on August 26th, 1989 in a park that I actually live about a 5 minute walk from now. We were surrounded by our family and friends in a small justice of the peace ceremony when I was 18.

In Toronto this coming weekend (25-28) is something called Fan Expo. It's a convention for gaming, anime, horror, sci-fi and comic books. It's a geekfestgasm. Loads of actors, novelists, fx people, artists etc. I really am not that much interested in the anime, comic or gaming aspect however I am interested in the actors that are going to be attending for the horror and sci-fi aspect of the con (short for convention). Martin Landau, Robert Englund (Freddy Kruger), Michael Shanks (yes THE Michael Shanks) and his lovely wife Lexa, Katee Sackhoff, Nichele Nichols (Uhura from the original Star Trek), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi from Star Trek Next Generation), and William Shatner (if I have to tell you who that is....we can no longer be friends...sorry!) and one Elvira Mistress of the Dark. Truthfully, I am DYING to meet the chick.

Another upside (besides the convention) I get to spend my anniversary...in TORONTO. I LOVE Toronto. I'll cruise around and get some pics before we bail at some point -- although we're going to be taking the subway most of the time. (I'd LOVE to hit up the CNE and get some pictures from where the exhibition stadium used to stand, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. But I'll do my best, and I'll DEFINITELY take a shot of the ACC where Duran are going to be) Just to show. And of course the CN tower. I want to take some hard core architecture photos. We'll see what we get.

Friday night for dinner we have reservations at Benihana which excites me VERY much. Benihana is a Japanese teppanyaki place. (I LOVE teppanyaki) I've not been there before however I'm eager to enjoy myself.

THANKFULLY my Uncle (my Dad's eldest brother) lives in Toronto and is graciously allowing us to stay at his apartment for the weekend saving us a CRAPTON of cash on hotels. He also has decided he wants to go stay at his boat instead of invading our weekend, which I thought was very sweet of him.

I'm sure we'll post pictures on Facebook either throughout the weekend or when we get home on Sunday evening. Either way I'm looking forward to it!

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment