Monday, 5 September 2011
If I could meet myself as a 13 year old...
1) You're going to get pregnant at 17, and married at 18. This is absolutely the right thing to do. Don't even give it a second thought. You'll be scared, but don't. Everything will be okay. Promise.
3) On the night when Mom calls you to tell you she's going in for that "routine mammogram" - TELL HER WHAT YOU KNOW! She'll believe you.
4) Ugh - DON'T date him. He's not worth your time down the line, there's more drama there than you can possibly imagine. And don't date or let yourself become attracted to either of them...they're gay. But they're AMAZING friends who you will love dearly.
5) Don't listen to the haters. In 25 years time Duran will STILL be around. You'll be going with Rach 2nd row centre in Toronto - it will be worth the wait.
7) Don't toss out the pussy sweater. It will STILL be the topic of conversation in 25 years time.
9) Don't do it...Just. Don't.
10) You're not going to marry John Taylor. I know, it was a shock to me too. But the man you DO marry...is amazing.
11) Trust your instincts - you're more switched on than you think.
12) Don't forget to believe in yourself.
13) You're your own worst enemy sometimes.
14) The grass is NOT greener on the other side of that fence so stop thinking that it is. IT. IS. NOT.
15) Be more supportive and understanding of the three of them. You're all going through the same things.
16) Stop being so damn angry. What are you so mad at anyway?
17) Not having Treetorns, a Beneton shirt, or a pair of Kettle Creek pants is NOT the end of the world. Get over it.
18) Don't EVER wear that again.
19) Not even worth your time.
20) She will end up being one of the most pivotal, important people in your life later on. And SHE will end up being a backstabbing bitch. Run while you still can.
OH! And perhaps the most IMPORTANT one of ALL!!!
21)YOU ARE NOT AS FAT AS YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!
One Last Glimpse,