Sunday 4 December 2011

Television Characters and Me

So, without giving spoilers away...Alan and I have certain shows we watch throughout the week. A lot of them we pvr and watch later due to my work schedule. Currently many of them are on their winter hiatuses and won't return until the New Year...One of the shows we watch we pvr'd this week. It is at a pivotal point in the story, and we are about 7 seasons in. I was late to the start but jumped in with the DVD's around season 3 got caught up and have been hooked ever since.

Last week's episode was a real cliffhanger, and truthfully I thought it was going to winter hiatus at that point. Then I found out that no, in fact it was on this week. So...eager to find out exactly what in the blue bell bottomed FUCK was going on, we pressed on and pvr'd it to watch today. Big mistake. Huge.

I have this habit of watching shows and becoming seriously emotionally attached to characters. I did it with Denny Duquette and George O'Malley in Grey's Anatomy, Col. Henry Blake in M*A*S*H the list goes on. ESPECIALLY in programs that I like, so because of this when someone gets ill, dies, or something tragic, sad, devastating happens to them...I am gooned.I get so emotionally invested in their well being and react just as I would if something happened to one of you.

Well, something happened in this character's realm that sent me reeling last week and continued into this week's episode. So much so it was at the point where at the end of the episode, not only is it only a BIGGER cliff hanger than the week before, but now I am in HYSTERICAL sobbing tears. I mean full on sobbing. And as I am known to do I turned to my husband, slapped him on the thigh, on the tummy or on the arm (lightly of course) and exclaimed those eight words he is all too familiar with..."WHY DO YOU MAKE ME WATCH THESE THINGS?!".

NOW...I have to wait until the new year to find out exactly what the hell...Damn tv shows making me an emotional basket case. Idjits.

One Last Glimpse,

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment